Content Image Practice
Careers at Porter Garland Chartered Accountants
Qualified Accounts & Personal Tax Manager – Public Practice
Porter Garland are looking to recruit an Accounts and Personal Tax Manager. You will be managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership clients (up to £3m turnover) and a small team. Key deliverables include:
• Managing a broad range of accounts and tax assignments including the firm’s Resident Society portfolio
• Allocating work, supervising and ongoing training of the team
• Preparation of company accounts and tax computations for review by the Director, and liaising with clients to completion
• Responsible for personal tax portfolio working towards end of January filing deadline
• Overseeing the use of client’s cloud based bookkeeping packages notably Quickbooks Online & Sage One
• Responsible for the financial aspect of managing a portfolio, including raising fees and control of recoveries
• Ensuring work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm’s standards
• Meeting prospective clients and providing quotations for new work
• Attending external business seminars and events to help build relationships with clients and prospective clients.
To be considered for the 70% Accounts 30% Tax role, you should ideally have extensive practice experience in Client Accounting & Personal Tax and a car driver with access to your own car. The role will offer a competitive salary, with benefits to include healthcare, parking and 25 days holidays.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Thomas Pottinger FCA or Amanda Williams FCA at Porter Garland on 01276 674870.